Anyways, I am 19 weeks along today! I had my ultrasound yesterday and they were able to confirm what everyone seemed to already know... that it was a boy! There was no denying it! The little guy was not shy (takes after his daddy I guess). Mark, of course, was not able to contain his joy and was jumping around the ultrasound room. We basically lost him for the rest of the appointment. Even though that seemed to be the most important moment of the day, they did do all the measurements and everything was perfect. It's the neatest thing to watch him move around. I'm suprised that I don't feel him yet because he was in there kicking away! I've been told, I should be able to feel those kicks in the next few weeks.
My sleep is also starting to dwindle. Don't get me wrong... I can sleep anywhere, anytime, all the time, but being pregnant puts a bit of a strain on it. I've read all the books and every one of them says to try to sleep on you left side. I'm a back sleeper, so this is not very comfortable to me. I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy one of those Snoogle pillows everyone keeps telling me about. If I'm having problems sleeping now, I can't imagine how hard it's going to be for me when I'm actually big! It's going to be interesting to see how I manage my snoogle pillow, dog and Mark all in the same bed. My sweet husband did give up his prized spot in the bed that is closest to the bathroom, since I have to make multiple trips during the night.
Now that we know it's a boy, we have to come up with a name. I had the girl's name already picked out... but I'm struggling with a good boy's name that fits. We are using Neal as the middle name because that's been used for the last 3 generations (at least). Any suggestions are welcome. Hopefully we'll know before the baby makes his first appearance into the world... I'd feel terrible if I didn't have a cute name that I could get monogrammed on everything!
Well, I think that's about enough for my very first blog! Hopefully I can keep up with it, so I have something to put in the baby book/scrapbook.
All for now,
Leslie
By the way... if you are interested... here are some ultrasound photos, including what I like to call "Baby's First Porn Pic".




1 comment:
Well hi there! Sleep anywhere? I guess sleeping at a Nascar race counts as "anywhere" doesn't it? :)
Have fun blogging!
Meissa
Post a Comment