Tuesday I went to pick Clay up from daycare (Mark was in Kentucky) and walked in to find this:
Yes, those are multiple scratches... on my baby's face! (The picture doesn't do it justice.) Of course, it looks much worse to me because I'm his mama and I about flipped when I found out what happened. My sweet, innocent baby was minding his own business, sitting on the floor reading a book when another kid came over and attacked him! (Yes, I know. That sentence was a bit dramatic.) Basically, there's a little girl in his class that is slightly (ok, very) agressive and I've witnessed her agression on multiple accounts. This was her doing!Now as a mama I must stand up for my child and find out what they are going to do to this 1 year old so that this doesn't happen again. I asked the director and she gave me a copy of their Biting and Scratching policy... and told me that from now on, the parents of the child must keep her finger nails trimmed all the way down and they would be checked every morning she came. If they were not trimmed the parents had to do it or take her home.
I'm satisfied with this... for now. I hope that this is going to help at least alleviate the marks left on my son. I've still witnessed her pushing him down and other bad behavior. She's a big girl for 15 months... she's the same size as Clay. And poor little Clay doesn't know how to defend himself! I think I may enroll him in a self-defense class... or maybe karate...
Anyways, the scratches have almost disappeared and there is no evidence of infection (you never know what's hiding in those grubby toddler finger nails - Ha!) and, of course, Clay was acting like nothing happened. I think it affected his mama more than it did him! He was over it in probably 30 seconds. Me... it's taking a while :).



2 comments:
Are they also going to provide a muzzle to prevent this child from biting him? Perhaps you need to meet his mama at the back of the bus! HA!
haha at Emily- back of the bus is right! Goodness~ poor Clay and his Momma too. I would be one mad Momma bear. So sorry
Post a Comment