Thursday, July 8, 2010

22 Months!

Holy Cow! Clay, you are 22 months old today!
(Just typing that makes me sad!)

What have you been up to this past month?

This past month you have been changing your obsession as many times as I’ve changed your clothes! One minute you want to watch Sesame Street… the next minute it’s “money” (monkey – Curious George)… and then there’s the 3 Disney movies that we’ve been watching – Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, and Cars. You still love reading your books and you love us reading them to you before your nap and bedtime. Your favorite book right now is Let Me Hold You Longer. You call it the “Mama” book because it’s about a Mama trying to hold onto her little boy’s lasts. I can’t read it without tearing up… thank goodness Daddy will read it to you most of the time. You have many parts of your books memorized and love to yell out the parts you know. There’s a Spot book that has the flaps you lift up and you know what’s under them.

You’ve become quite the “Mama’s boy” and I have to be honest and say that I LOVE it! It takes you a while to leave my side when I get home from being out of town. My favorite part about going out of town is when I get to come home and see you! You always run to me yelling “Mama!” and give me the biggest hug!

You jabber all the time. Half of it I do not understand, but the other half is either an animal sound, an actual word, or a word that only your daddy and I can understand. You can point to and say most of your body parts – eyes, hair, nose, mouth, fingers, hands, toes, feet, belly, and ears. You can almost count to 10, but you leave out a couple of numbers on the way.

Another cute thing you do is you have to tell everyone “night-night” before I put you down in your crib. You say “Night-night Elmo”, “Night-night Cookie”, until you make it through all the characters you know. You even say night-night to mama and dada. I love it!

The biggest struggle we have with you is food. Before you’d rotate between a few staples as far as meat and protein goes – cheese, chicken nuggets, fish sticks and peanut butter. Now you will not eat chicken nuggets and fish sticks. You’ve also decided that you do not like the 2 veggies I could actually get you to eat – green beans and steamed broccoli. You still love any kind of chip, cracker, snack cake or cookie. You LOVE ice cream and I’m pretty sure you get it after lunch just about every day at daycare. You still like yogurt and apple sauce and have gotten really good at eating it with your spoon. And speaking of eating utensils… it looks like you are going to be left-handed. I have no idea where you get that from since neither Mark nor I are left-handed and I don’t know anyone in our families that are. But the biggest accomplishment this month is I FINALLY got you to eat a noodle!!!! Before you would not even think of trying a noodle, but just last week you decided that you like spaghetti! I implemented the “you eat what we eat” plan last week and the first meal was spaghetti. It took you a few minutes to try it, but once you took that first bite, you finished your plate! Now I just need to find some more things to replace chicken nuggets and fish sticks!

Now that your birthday is 2 months away, I really must get into party planning mode. Even though you change your mind about what you are into these days, you always go back to Elmo and Sesame Street… so I’ve reluctantly decided to do that for your birthday! I’ve found some really cute ideas and can’t wait for your party!

Happy 22 months old, Clay!!!

And here's the evidence of his encounter with spaghetti!

Eating like a big boy with his fork - see, he's a lefty!

And, he gave up on the fork. Using hands to eat spaghetti is MUCH easier!


1 comment:

LuLu's Lane said...

Gosh almost 2 already. He is the cutest two year old boy I know! Em yours are older and younger *wink* *wink* :) lol I will have to tell Eddie that he has joined him as a lefty! Love the update posts.