Wednesday, October 13, 2010

25 Months Old!!

I can’t help it! I’ve got to continue doing monthly posts… I’ve been doing it ever since he was born and I just can’t bring myself to stop.

So… what has Clay been up to this last month??

A couple of weeks after Elmopalooza, Clay’s buddy next door had his 2 year birthday party. When I told Clay he was going to Brayden’s birthday party, Clay just assumed that it would be an Elmo party and have Elmo cupcakes just like his did. Poor thing… he thinks all birthday parties should be Elmo parties! And he’s so obsessed with Elmo cupcakes, that if I bake things in the Elmo cupcake holders (muffins, etc.) and call them Elmo cupcakes, he’ll eat them! You better believe I’m searching for veggie recipes that I can bake into a muffin so that I can call them “Elmo cupcakes”. It’s just a tiny little deception… it won’t hurt, right??

Another thing going on this month is Clay’s first crush. He is in love with his teacher, Miss Hayley. She’s a cute college student that helped out with his class this summer and then became one of his teachers when he moved up the next class. I first figured out this crush when I went to pick him up and he threw a fit because he didn’t want to leave. At first I didn’t realize it was because of Hayley until we were in the car in the parking and she walked out and got into her care to leave. Clay was devastated! The whole way home he kept whimpering in this sad little voice “Hayley… Hayley”. It was PITIFUL! Now when you ask him who his girlfriend is, he will say “Hayley”… and have this adorable little smile on his face! He does have a bit of competition, though… Hayley is engaged!

Clay is also becoming quite the little scholar these days! His Nan got him a fridge alphabet toy that helps him learn his letters. We’ve got A – H on our fridge now and he can recognize those letters when he sees them on TV or in books… and can even tell you things that start with some of the letters. He’s also recognizing what the numbers look like and can see a number written down or on the TV and can tell you what it is. He’s gotten really good at counting things, too. He still loves his books and wants us to read to him all the time. At night, we rotate between a few of his favorites: Finding Nemo, Cars, Hello Aubie, Sleep Tight Elmo, and “Big Elmo” (I don’t even know the real name for this book… but it’s in the shape of Elmo and is much bigger than all his books – his buddy Wyatt gave it to him for his birthday!).

He is still a GREAT sleeper and will usually take 3 – 4 hour naps on the weekend. He’s now decided that he has to have his “baby” (one of those small blankets with a giraffe head on it) when he goes to sleep. He also has to have the panda that my parents got him from the zoo. He still lets me rock him for a little while before he goes to bed at night.

Clay is so independent these days!! The other day I was getting him undressed for his bath and he had just his diaper on. I turned around for 5 seconds and in that time he had taken his diaper off and hopped into the bathtub… no need for Mama to do that anymore! This morning he walked to the car without throwing a fit, climbed up into his car seat by himself, and walked into daycare without needing to hold Mama’s hand… he’s such a big boy! *sniff*

His vocabulary is also taking off! He’s starting to speak in full sentences and repeats anything we ask him. Lately we’ve been having problems again with the little girl at daycare who likes to scratch and bite. I don’t want to teach him to counteract with violence, so I’ve been teaching him to yell “NO, NO Marlee” if she comes near him. I’m hoping this will draw the teacher’s attention to her before she can maul my child again. Now every time I ask him what he’s supposed to say when Marlee comes near him and he yells “No, No Marlee!!”.

He is also starting to not be so picky with food lately… or maybe I’ve just given up and just feed him what he likes. He eats Nutri-grain bars like they are going out of style. He is back to eating chicken nuggets, pizza, and avocado. He LOVES his cheese puffs and still will eat a good amount of fruit and yogurt.

Clay is all of a sudden gotten obsessed with Toy Story, although I’m not even sure he’s seen the movie. Every time he sees something Toy Story, he goes nuts! I got him some Toy Story Cheez-its and they are his new favorite food. He also loves dinosaurs and choo-choo’s. He will watch Thomas the Train over and over. He still likes Sesame Street and loves his Elmo!

Wow! A lot has happened this month… it’s getting harder and harder to keep track! Can’t wait to see what this next month brings!



Here are some of my favorite recent pictures!
Playing with his letters... he looks like he's concentrating very hard on making the perfect word!
Check out the shirt! Yeah, he's ALL BOY! That was from eating sticks on the playground. Yummy! We just threw that shirt away... no attempt to even clean it!
That pitiful face!
He was VERY excited about his Toy Story sippy cups!
The fort we made in the den this past weekend.

And he liked to destroy it better than play in it. Look at that evil smile... PURE evil, I tell ya!

See... much more fun to pull the fort down!

No comments: