Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Memorial Day Weekend

I need a vacation from our Memorial Day Weekend extravaganza! It was packed full - lots of food, boat rides, sun, On-Your-Butt Punch, and sleeping late! Thank goodness for my iPhone, or I would have absolutely no pictures from this weekend and the only ones I got were on the boat!

Saturday night we had our 3rd Annual Memorial Day Shrimp Boil. It was a blast! It was kid-friendly so Clay had all of his buddies over to play! He was WORN out! There was WAY too much food to eat and I was stuffed! I made a new appetizer which I'll share in another post (Buffalo Chicken Pizza Bites- YUM) and it was literally gone in about 10 minutes. People were asking where it was because they never got a chance to have any. Guess that recipe is going to be a staple at my parties from now on!

The next day we went out on the lake with some good friends of ours. They have 2 boys - Clay calls them the Star Wars boys because they introduced him to Star Wars last Labor Day on the boat.

Clay enjoyed sitting on the front of the boat throwing the rope in - he was pretending to fish. Hey... whatever keeps him occupied!
And that's a fancy, new life jacket he's wearing! We've been meaning to get him one of these because it's so much more comfortable and it keeps him cooler than a big life jacket. He seemed to like it...

He was obsessed with his buddy's shark swim cap.


He wore sunglasses long enough for me to get this picture! I keep trying to get him to wear a hat or sunglasses, but he's not a big fan of either!



With all the mess of the party, at least we had a little help. Clay did pull out his broom and sweep a little bit.

Then on Memorial Day, we had our good friends, Emily and Jeremy and their boys over for Shrimp Boil part 2 and a boat ride.

The Captain...

Emily, Wyatt and Jeremy



And it was this little guy's first trip on the boat! Is he not the cutest thing in his little bathing suit and hat?!?!

So now I need a couple of days off from our Memorial Day Weekend vacation! I'm burnt, sore, bruised and tired! It was rough! :o) Hope everyone had a great weekend as well!



No comments: