Thursday, August 28, 2008

False Alarm!!

Well, we had a little bit of a "False Alarm" at the doctor's office this morning. I went in for my twice weekly non-stress test and during the test, I was some pretty strong contractions. My doctor was concerned and basically said, "If I'm dilated, we're having a baby today"! My doctor is leaving for vacation tomorrow and will be out all next week, so I've told her that if there was any chance he needed to go ahead and be delivered, I'd like for her to do it before she went on vacation :)! So she checked me and I'm still not dilated - thank goodness! Mark was very disappointed... he'd like for him to be born today. Me, on the other hand, would like for him to hold off until his scheduled day of September 8th. I've got 3 lists of things I need to take care of before he gets here!!!

Clay is still doing great! He moves all the time - it's getting a little bit uncomfortable when he moves, but it's still the best feeling! I can't tell you how excited that I'm about to be done with this Gestational Diabetes crap! Only 10 more days and I'm FREE of it!!!!!

And "nesting" has obviously kicked in... not the whole "cleaning" part that everyone talks about (I'm saving that for Mark) but the whole "getting ready" part. I've actually become quite crafty in the last few days and have done a few projects I'm pretty proud of. I've taken a couple of pictures of my most recent crafts. I recovered a lamp shade and I made some cute little safari animal pictures to go on the wall (Ok, ok... I can't take all the credit for the safari animal pictures... all I did was paint the background and Mark glued the "already made" animals to them - I did do the lampshade all by myself, though!). Below are a couple of pictures from the nursery.

My Lampshade that I'm VERY proud of! I'm even making a pillow out of the same fabric! Let's see how that one turns out :)!

These are the adorable pictures my sister painted! They look perfect in the nursery!!!

My other "craft project"

Another nursery picture - my sister is working on some letters that will go above the crib!


3 comments:

Emily said...

OK, I am going to start my prayers that you don't go into labor before the 8th! "Little" Clay is just gonna have to stay put until Dr. C gets back. You are almost there my dear!

Melissa said...

Not much longer, Leslie! Not much longer! I've got my fingers crossed that he stays put until the 8th!

Kristie @ Me and My House said...

I think most pregnant women worry about the possibility of their doctor being out of town when they deliver. I'll definitely be praying that baby Clay holds off 'til your doc is back in town.