Now, bear with me... this post may be a little long, but I have something on my mind that I want to share...
Many of you may not know, but this past Saturday (August 2nd) marked a year exactly of when I had emergency surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy. I was 9 weeks along when the surgery happened, but we had known pretty early on that it was going to end this way. We had been trying for a little over 2 years and were going to a fertility specialist and this was the first time I had gotten pregnant. I was VERY excited, but the specialist informed us early on that it was very touch and go. We spent a couple weeks of blood tests to see how my levels were... a couple of times it was a little promising... but the others were not so much. I had to wait until week 6 for them to be able to "see" anything on an ultrasound and it was not a good prognosis. At first, they thought I had miscarried and I was scheduled for a D&C, but my OB did another ultrasound and found that it was actually an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy that was in my left tube. We tried 2 rounds of injections to "remove" it, but that didn't work. I had to go into emergency surgery due to internal bleeding in order to fix everything. That was August 2nd, 2007... It was hard and we took a few months off from the fertility treatments to heal... physically and emotionally... and after a much needed trip to VEGAS, we started back. The first round of drugs didn't work, but the doctor decided to switch my medication... and that did the trick!
This brings me back to this past Saturday, August 2nd 2008. My good friends hosted a baby shower for me here in Huntsville. It was a great shower!!! I just find it so coincidental that the baby shower occurred on the same EXACT date 1 year later from my surgery. One year ago, I was devastated and thought I would NEVER have a healthy pregnancy... and now, I am about to give birth to my sweet Baby Clay. God truly is a miracle worker and I am so blessed... blessed to have this baby on the way... blessed to have such a wonderful family who has supported us during this time... blessed to have such amazing friends that are rooting for us... we are just all around blessed! I know that God had a plan for the baby that didn't make it and I know he or she is probably up in Heaven... but I also know that God has BIG plans for little Clay (hopefully not as a racecar driver like his daddy wants him to be :). I know I have complained about the problems I've had during this pregnancy with the gestational diabetes and all... but I wouldn't trade one minute of it! I am thankful for the opportunity to become a parent and can't wait for him to get here so that I can be a mommy.
Even though I was a little sad over the baby I lost 1 year ago, I was also overjoyed that I got to spend this day, 1 year later, with all my friends and family celebrating the upcoming birth of Clay. It was bittersweet... but definitely in a good way! I have not gotten the pictures from the shower just yet, so I want to wait on the shower post until I have those. This was just on my mind and I wanted to share it with everyone. I do want to thank everyone for supporting us and being there for us! We would not have made it through everything without the support of our family and friends.
THANK YOU!!
Lifecafe Ultimate Asian Bowl copycat
10 years ago



4 comments:
I did not realize how meaningful that date was on Saturday! Rob and I were talking on the way home how God promises us that His plans are always "good". His "good" is not always an immediate "good" or a "good" we understand, but we just have to trust that in the end, God's "good" plan will prevail.
I know God has a wonderfully "good" plan not only for your lives as parents, but also an even better "good" plan for baby Clay!!
We had a blast this weekend and can't wait to meet Clay.
Christy said it perfectly. :)
love you guys...!
God has a plan and everything is in his timing. I am so excited for you guys, and enjoying speing time with everyone at your shower this past weekend. Clay is going to love his room and all his things!
Wow! That made me cry. I had no idea Saturday's date was so important. Time really has flown by! I agree 100% with everything you said and you know how happy I am for you guys. I can't wait to meet that little boy!
Post a Comment