Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm So Proud!

Some of you know that I have a very strange collection... I collect Hippos. It started a while back when I first heard "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". That became my favorite Christmas song and kind of an inside joke between my mom and I. She got me my first hippo that Christmas... it was a silver one and it started the whole hippo rage.

When I was pregnant with Clay, I was obsessed with buying any kid's book that had to do with Hippos. I even found some bedding with a safari theme that had a hippo on it. My sister also painted a picture of a hippo to go in Clay's nursery. I guess you could say I was trying to pass along my love of Hippos to my son.

Well... just his week he's started saying "Hippo"!! It actually kind of sounds like "apple"... but I know what he's really saying! He's also been wanting us to read him his Hippo books! It looks like all my subliminal signals are paying off!

It looks like he's also picked up another one of my loves... Chocolate! He LOVES a chocolate cookie! (or any cookie, really)

1 comment:

LuLu's Lane said...

I love Clay's cookie monster pics. He is so darn cute!!