This past weekend I went on a MOPS retreat at Camp Sumatanga. Saturday evening, we decided to leave summer camp behind for a few hours and go to the mall and out to dinner. While at the mall I found Big Bird! Clay doesn't have any Big Bird's so I just knew I had to get it for him.
Sunday morning I got back and was very excited to give it to him! Mark and I always get him something when we go out of town... I usually get him clothes and Mark gets him the "fun stuff", so this time I was going to "one-up" him and get the best toy! I definitely was not ready for Clay's reaction when I showed him his present. I told him I got him something and as I'm pulling it out of the bag, he was jumping up and down all excited! When I showed him it was Big Bird... the first thing out of his mouth was "ELMO"... he was not very thrilled that I got him Big Bird and wanted Elmo instead. I had to take him over to his other 2 Elmo stuffed toys and explain to him that he already had Elmo and he needed a Big Bird. After that he was fine and now will not let Big Bird leave his side!
Here he is gathering up Cookie, Elmo and Big Bird to take with him in the car this morning to daycare.
I had a great time at the retreat! We ate good snacks (notice I didn't say food... the food there wasn't the best - but the snacks we all brought were fabulous!), had lots of good "girl talk", and were able to plan out the whole entire next year for MOPS! I'm definitely looking forward to all that we are going to do this next year!!



1 comment:
He changes his favorites every day!! You won't be able to plan a theme for the two year until the week before! Precious, though!
Post a Comment