Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mid-Week Update!

Well, I think I've finally gotten my diabetes under control! I went to the doctor Monday morning for a non-stress test and spoke to my doctor about my glucose levels again. She upped my insulin significantly and today was the first day I've had normal levels!!! Hopefully this is the last time she will need to up it, but at least I feel better knowing that I'm able to control it now! Clay is still doing great! The results of the non-stress test were perfectly normal. I have another ultrasound August 18th to check his weight.

Last Friday I had my first Baby Shower hosted by my good friends at work. Mark was invited as well and we had the best time! We got lots of great gifts. We got the diaper champ, jumperoo, booster seat, lots of receiving blankets, onsies and gift cards. The food was also wonderful!! My favorite, of course, were the sweet things (the things I was not supposed to have, but did). We had cupcakes from this wonderful bakery in Birmingham - and I enjoyed every last bite! Even Monte, my little yorkie, got a gift. He got a stuffed Hippo from the girls hosting the shower :). Below are a few of the pictures from the shower.

The yummy cupcakes


The Jumperoo that hopefully Clay will love to use on a regular basis (when he's old enough, of course)

The Diaper Champ that Mark will be using when he changes all the diapers :).
Monte's new favorite toy - Mr. Hippo. He LOVES it!


This weekend I have another shower here in Huntsville! I'm VERY excited about it! We've got a lot of our friends and family who we don't get to see very often coming in to town so I'm sure there will be plenty of good times! I'll be sure to post pictures from that as well.

4 comments:

Christy Ward said...

A got the same bouncer and LOVED it!!

Melissa said...

The bouncer looks like fun times! And how sweet of them to remember Monte.
Can't wait to see you all this weekend!!!

Kelcei Chamberlain said...

You must have some really sweet friends at work! :)

LuLu's Lane said...

Love all the pics and the one of Monte and his prize is precious! See you tomorrow!