Me... not Baby Clay.
Today is Baby Clay's last day in the infant class at daycare and I don't want him to move up to the Toddler class... but he has to. I have to let him grow up and be a big boy.... but I don't want to!!
Being in the Toddler class means he doesn't have a high chair to sit in and eat... he's got a little short table and chairs. He doesn't have a crib to take a nap in... he gets to sleep on a napmat (which I might add is super cute - I'll take pictures of it next time he brings it home). He has a structured class... they do this at this time and this at this time. His supply list includes glue sticks, big fat crayons and lots of paper towels... yeah, I'd like to witness craft time in the Toddler class. And the biggest change in the toddler class is that he only gets to take one nap... which makes for a REALLY crabby Baby Clay (they've been practicing this in the infant class for the last few weeks and it is not going over really well once he gets home).
I know he'll miss his teachers, but one of them is moving up to the next class!!! She is so sweet and I'm glad he'll have a familiar face moving up with him. They are moving his whole class up, so he will also have all his little friends with him. I'm sure he won't really even notice he's in a brand new class... and won't realize how "big" he is moving to the Toddler class... but I will!
I had to go back to his First Day of Daycare post I did back at the beginning of December (Blogs are wonderful!!) and look at how much he has changed... Look at how little he is:
I LOVE this picture! That hat was my favorite!!!
He was only 12 weeks on his first day of daycare... I was a mess and now I'm a mess all over again because he's growing up so fast!!Here he is today... shiner and all! (Actually, the eye is looking MUCH better! I don't feel like Child Protective Services would be called on me if I took him out in public.)
Looking so big in his big boy carseat!
Such a big boy, but still my little baby!



4 comments:
He IS growing up too fast!! Andrew was so wild at MMO that they just starting letting him sit at a table....and I almost cried when I saw him sitting there like such a big boy!
Can you believe how fast it flies by?!? It's bittersweet...kind of exciting that he's moving up, but way too sad at the same time.
I can't believe he is going to be in a toddler class! I always think of toddlers being 2 but no, they are toddlers the minute they start to toddle and he will be doing that in no time. Time to have another! :) OR, you need to figure out a way to freeze time. Such a handsome big boy.
Well, he is so handsome and big! Oh, and thanks for making me tear up at work ;) We start MDO next week! AHHHH! I'm about to flip out myself!
Post a Comment