I had mentioned in my previous post that we were going to see my parents and my grandmother who I haven't seen in forever. Well, we made the treck over there and had a great time!! Clay was wonderful on the way there (and the way back). I think it helped that I put him in his "big boy" carseat (per instructions from his pediatrician - since he was well within the weight limit!) so he could see me and the road (although, he may have been scared to death from my driving in the big city!). My aunt and uncle came over from South Carolina and were going to take my grandmother back to their house for a while, but not before they all went to the Braves game Friday night. My grandmother is a HUGE Braves fan and has never been to a Braves game before. My hubby, dad, aunt and uncle, and brother-in-law went with her to her first game! (I stayed behind with my mom, sister and the babies.) I was told she had a FABULOUS time and never stopped smiling.
While at the game, we took the babies to the pool. This was Clay's first experience in the "big pool" and he loved it! I got him a float to sit in and he would just kick his little legs and splash the water. He would even duck his head under the water and come up just a laughing! I also got to spend some good time with my two little nieces. Hayley is 6 weeks old now and has grown so much since I last saw her when she was a couple weeks old! Cadence and Clay played a little bit together... mainly Clay was interested in her tea set and wanted to steal it from her. I had to explain to him that he needs to play with his TRUCKS... not girly tea sets :).
We stayed at the hotel my parents live in and it was so convenient!!! It was nice to just be able to go downstairs to our room... and the rooms... they were NICE! It was basically a mini condo with a full kitchen, living room and bedroom. Clay did great in his first experience in a hotel room! It was actually quite nice since we didn't have to sleep with him in our room... so we got to sleep a little later!
I did terrible with getting pictures. There were so many cameras going, I didn't want to add mine to the mix. I'm supposed to be getting pictures emailed to me (Hint, Hint!) and hopefully will have those soon. I did get my sister to take some pictures of us in the pool.
I did want to ask that you please pray for my sweet little niece, Hailey (the new baby). My sister was holding her yesterday and got tripped up by one of their dogs and fell. Hailey suffered a small fracture on her skull, but is going to make a full recovery. My sister is also a little bruised up and sore and I know it scared her to death! I think all of us moms have been there a least once or twice! I'm so glad and thankful that both of them are OK!!! Hopefully Hailey will have a quick recovery and be back to her happy baby self in no time!
And here are the pictures:

Playing with Cady in the water
Splashing!
Just went under water!
On the way home... he was pooped! He slept almost the whole way home!



2 comments:
Oh my goodness poor Hailey!!! I'm sure your sister was terrified! We will keep that little one in our prayers.
Looks like Clay had a great time in the pool!! Glad he slept so well on the way home.
Awe...how sweet is Baby Clay in the pool?!?! I want to see him so bad. It has been way too long!
I hope Hailey and Julie both are doing better.
Post a Comment