Monday, November 23, 2009

Arizona

Last week I had a work trip to Scottsdale, AZ. I was kind of dreading the trip... being away from Baby Clay and Mark as well as wondering what-in-the-world is in Scottsdale, AZ?!? Let's just say... Scottsdale is beautiful!!! The weather was perfect and the hotel we stayed at was GORGEOUS! We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa and here is the view as we drove up... Look at the palm trees!! There were hundreds of huge palm trees everywhere!


This is the view of the front with the fountain. The whole front and back has these big, huge doors that they would slide open so that the whole entire entry would be open. The weather during the day was absolutely perfect for this!
I loved the landscape around Scottsdale... very low maintenance! No grass... lots of cactuses, grape fruit trees, palm trees and dirt! I learned that the big tall cactuses that you normally think of (the ones with the 2 arms coming out) are native to Arizona and only grow in Arizona. These little clusters of cactuses were also all over the place.

The resort had a gorgeous outside area that had these big, comfy bed-like couches along with fire pits and big out door fire places.

The pool was amazing! It was huge and just kept going... and going! Here is a picture of the part of the pool that they made to look like the beach with sand.

And that big Clock Tower is actually a water slide. You climb up the stairs inside and then slide down into the pool!
Here is another view of the pool. See! It goes on forever!One of the cute bars/restaurants that you can "swim" over to.
I would definitely like to go back again next year... preferably more prepared with my bathing suit and suntan lotion (I didn't think we'd have any time).

So what was Baby Clay doing while I was working away in Arizona?? He was at home with his daddy. This was the longest I had left Mark with Clay and he did an excellent job of taking care of him! I got back after he had gone to sleep Friday night, so I didn't get to see him until he woke up Saturday morning. It was so cute!!! When I walked into his room, it took him a little while to realize that I was home! He gave me the biggest smile! I had missed him so much! He had become quite the "daddy's boy" while I was gone, but is quickly returning to being a "momma's boy"!

Tomorrow, Clay and I are making a trip down to Birmingham to attend my work's Annual Thanksgiving lunch. He hasn't seen my good friends at work since I was on maternity leave! I can't wait! I'll be sure to wear my stretchy jeans because I know I'll eat WAY too much!

1 comment:

LuLu's Lane said...

I think I would like Arizona too! The pool area looks fantastic!! I knowyou missed Clay but glad you had a nice trip.