Amidst all the chaos of this past weekend (that will be another blog post) and the 2nd daycare attack, I haven't had the time to do Clay's 20 month post.So... what has Clay been up to this past month??
Well, the ABSOLUTE BIGGEST THING he has done this month is FINALLY start calling me "MAMA"!!!!!!!!!!!! Before he was calling me "Elma" or "Oma" or sometimes even straight-up "Elmo", but now he is officially calling me Mama and I LOVE IT!!!
He's picking up new words at a crazy fast rate! A couple of weeks ago, I was laying on the floor and he lifted up my shirt and said "Belly". He also says "nose", "Oh no!", "car" and has picked up some other Sesame Street character's names.
We've discovered that he has a freakish photographic memory! We were at my parent's house this past weekend and they had a couple of episodes of Sesame Street recorded for him. He had watched one of them that morning and then we turned it on again later on. While we were sitting there, he kept saying "Ernie, Ernie" and I tried to tell him Ernie was not on there... not 5 seconds later Ernie was on! I just thought that was a fluke until he did again! The next segment had Elmo and he kept saying "Grover, Grover" and a few seconds later, Grover showed up!
And speaking of "freaky", the other day he was playing in my closet and when I came in to check on him, he had taken all of my shoes and lined them up along the bathtub. Now I wouldn't normally think this is freaky since he lines everything up, but this time he lined them up by pairs with the right and left shoe correct AND they were evenly spaced... EXACTLY even! I went to go get the camera but by the time I got back they were in the tub.
He's also been eating much better these days. He is now obsessed with Green Beans and would eat an entire can if I let him. (I'm sure he'll hate them in a few days.) He also loves these Soy Crisp things that my parents let him have... they are like Rice Cakes and he LOVES them! He still eats cheese, avocados, yogurt, any kind of fruit, Nutri-Grain bars, bacon, eggs, and any kind of cookie.
He loves his music cd I made for him a while back and knows which song is coming up next. He has certain parts of the song he likes to sing and will make his Sesame Street Collecta-pals dance to the music. And speaking of those little Sesame Street guys... he is now up to 7 of them! I think we've got every one but one (Snuffalupagus - he doesn't know who that is so we didn't get it for him). He's gotten better about not having to take all of them with him, but he likes to at least have 3 or 4 of them with him at all times.
He's also learned to count to 3... he REALLY likes the number 2 and sometimes just says that number when counting. He's also learning his colors. I can ask him to get me the orange ball and he'll bring one to me. He also knows purple, yellow and blue.
Seriously... I could just eat my child up! He is at such a fun age and just does some of the cutest things! My heart melts every time he says "Mama" and I love it when he plays with my hair. He is such a sweet child and wouldn't hurt a fly. I look at him now and do not see any baby in him... he's a big boy now and it makes me sad! Where is the time going?!?!



1 comment:
He has the most gorgeous, big, beautiful, brown eyes that I have ever seen!
Post a Comment