This week Clay moved up to the next class at his daycare. They had tried to move him up to this class this time last year, but he was just too young. So, he stayed back in the infant class which turned out to be really good for him. The kids in the infant class were actually closer to his age than the ones in the class above him and because of his September birthday, we would have had to hold him back in one of classes. Now the holding back is done with and he's good to go for the rest of his school career!
The first day... well, it didn't go so well. He walked to the new class like a big boy, but then fell out on the floor in front of the door and refused to go in. Once we got him in, he refused to let go of my leg, but we finally pryed him off long enough for us to run out the door. I stood by the door to see what he'd do and he flung himself against it while crying "Mama", "Dada". BROKE. MY. HEART! When we came to pick him up that afternoon, he got a great report! They said he was upset for just a few minutes and then went right to playing. He sat at the table like a big boy and ate most of his lunch and he even took an hour and a half nap on his nap mat.
This about sums up how he felt that first day!
For the rest of the week he got better and better... He now loves it so much that when we went to pick him up Friday afternoon, he threw a major fit because he didn't want to leave! He's got 2 great teachers that he loves and he even brought home a cute little art project! I already feel like he's gotten so old just being in his new class for 1 week!
(Look at that sad, pitiful look on his face!)

And speaking of getting so old, today he is 1 month shy of his second birthday. THAT MAKES ME VERY SAD!!!! His 23 month post will be coming up later... once I can bring myself to actually type it!
Today is also the day that 12 years ago I married my best friend! I can't believe it's been 12 years! We didn't make any special annivesary plans since we've been going non-stop, but we've had a great weekend with some friends of ours that came over from ATL. Tonight we are just going to lay low, relax and eat the left over artery clogging (4 sticks of butter - I'm not lying) Paula Dean shrimp recipe that I made last night. I will have to bring back me Tasty Tuesday blog post in honor of this recipe... it was YUMMY!
The first day... well, it didn't go so well. He walked to the new class like a big boy, but then fell out on the floor in front of the door and refused to go in. Once we got him in, he refused to let go of my leg, but we finally pryed him off long enough for us to run out the door. I stood by the door to see what he'd do and he flung himself against it while crying "Mama", "Dada". BROKE. MY. HEART! When we came to pick him up that afternoon, he got a great report! They said he was upset for just a few minutes and then went right to playing. He sat at the table like a big boy and ate most of his lunch and he even took an hour and a half nap on his nap mat.
This about sums up how he felt that first day!
For the rest of the week he got better and better... He now loves it so much that when we went to pick him up Friday afternoon, he threw a major fit because he didn't want to leave! He's got 2 great teachers that he loves and he even brought home a cute little art project! I already feel like he's gotten so old just being in his new class for 1 week!(Look at that sad, pitiful look on his face!)

And speaking of getting so old, today he is 1 month shy of his second birthday. THAT MAKES ME VERY SAD!!!! His 23 month post will be coming up later... once I can bring myself to actually type it!
Today is also the day that 12 years ago I married my best friend! I can't believe it's been 12 years! We didn't make any special annivesary plans since we've been going non-stop, but we've had a great weekend with some friends of ours that came over from ATL. Tonight we are just going to lay low, relax and eat the left over artery clogging (4 sticks of butter - I'm not lying) Paula Dean shrimp recipe that I made last night. I will have to bring back me Tasty Tuesday blog post in honor of this recipe... it was YUMMY!



1 comment:
The changing of the classes/teachers is always so hard and I think it is worse on us than them. Glad he is adjusting well though. Happy anniversary! Glad you had a fun weekend and hope you have a great week!
Post a Comment