Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Buffalo Chicken Alfredo Pizza

This is one of my FAVORITE recipes! It's very easy and every time I think about it, I start craving it! Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:

1 Prepared Pizza Crust (My fav is Mama Mary's thin crust.)
6 tablespoons of Alfredo Sauce (I don't measure - enough to cover the pizza crust. And use your favorite alfredo sauce)
8 ounces of Mozzarella (I usually get a bag of the already shredded stuff and use almost all of that... it's more than 8 ounces I think - the more cheese the better!)
1 cup or so of cooked and diced Chicken Breast (this is typically one large chicken breast for me)
Buffalo Wing Sauce (I like Texas Pete's Buffalo Wing Sauce - I usually pour some in the skillet once the chicken is done and saute it. I may or may not add a little more on the pizza.)
Other Toppings - Here's where you can get creative. I like sauteed onions and cilantro and Mark just likes the chicken and cheese. The original recipe also suggests black olives and canned mushrooms.

DIRECTIONS:
1. Spread a layer of the alfredo sauce on the pizza crust
2. Sprinkle half of the cheese and then add the chicken and additional wing sauce (if you want) as well as other toppings.
3. Cover with the rest of the cheese
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 425 for 15 minutes or when crust is golden brown.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh. My. Goodness! I made this tonight and it was good I blogged about it! Thanks for sharing!