You are turning out to be such a funny child! You make me laugh all the time! I think probably the funniest thing you've ever done happened the other day...
You were sitting in your high chair eating lunch when all of a sudden you said "Mama, I've gotta poot". We've begun the "beginning" stages of potty training - bascially we're trying to get you to notice when you are wet and when you've pooped and to come tell us. Whenever you poop, I always tell you to say "Mama, I pooped". You do it occasionally, but not always. I've never told you to tell me when you need to "poot" so when you said it, I asked you if you said "poop"... you said "No, poot". Well, I told you that you did not need to tell me when you needed to poot and to just poot... AND poot you did... really loudly, too! IT. WAS. HYSTERICAL! We all laughed and you said "Excuse me" (at least you were polite about it).
You are still obsessed with your Thomas the trains that Santa got you. The first thing that comes out of your mouth when you wake up is "Play choo-choos". You love for us to play with you. I will ask you which train I get to be and I'm always James. Dada always gets to be Mavis and you are Thomas. You very rarely change it up.
You've all of a sudden really gotten into movies. We've typically recorded shows on TV for you to watch, but lately all you want to watch are movies. You LOVE your Toy Story 3 movie that Nana and G got you for Christmas. I think we've watched it at least 35 times since Christmas. Dada had to get you Toy Story 2 just to change it up a bit.
Your vocabulary has gotten so good! We can now somewhat carry on a conversation with you. I love when you try to say hard words like octopus... you call it an "ollypus". For some reason "M's" are tripping you up. You say "Mama", "mouse" and "monster" just fine, but some of the other "m" words you change the "m" to a "p" - like "Picky" (for Mickey Mouse), "Ponte (for Monte) and "punky" (for monkey). I don't know where you get this from! You are doing so good at your ABC's. We've got a couple of ABC books and you consistently get 23 of them correct. G, M, and Q trip you up a bit, but the others you know when you see them!
You are still picky, picky, PICKY when it comes to food. You refuse to try anything new... even Snow Cream! What kid refuses to try snow cream?!? Your diet consists of chicken nuggets, fries, nutri-grain bars, Elmo cupcakes (aka muffins in Elmo cupcake wrappers), yogurt, fruit and sometimes pizza. I know I need to implement the "you eat what we eat" rule, but I just can't bring myself to do this. It's a struggle I'm not ready to deal with yet!
You have become obsessed with hats. You always want to wear a hat... whether it be your hat, dada's hat... anyone's hat! I noticed the obsession when you were watching Frosty over Christmas. You would get very distraught when Frosty didn't have his hat. When we made a snowman when it snowed over Christmas, we didn't put a hat on him and it upset you tremendously! We ended up getting you your very own hat a couple of weeks ago and you LOVE to wear it. We went originally to get an Elmo hat, but you insisted on the cookie hat.
And I think it looks pretty darn cute on you!This month has been such a fun month with Christmas and getting to spend so much time with you! Can't wait to see what you do next month!
My little thug throwing up his gang signs.




2 comments:
oh my you have one funny little boy! He looks super cute in his hat
We have a Thomas the Train fanatic at our house too! We need to have a choo choo playdate!
Post a Comment