Sunday, February 6, 2011

Inspired

So, my husband called me out on the fact that I REALLY needed to give my blog layout an update. He pointed out that under the "About Me" section I had that I had been married for almost 11 years... and we're actually going on 13! That's how long it's been since I've updated my blog layout! He inspired me to completely rework my blog and bring it more up-to-date. So I did a little research and since I now have a fancy editing program (Photoshop Elements), I whipped out a new layout and header! I'm not sure if I'm giddy about it, but now that I know how to do it, there's no end to what I might come up with!

I'm also hoping my pictures will start to look better because I got me a new toy...

Oh, yes! That's my new DSLR camera!! I'm VERY excited about it! I have absolutely NO idea how to use it except to put it on auto and hit the button. I've got about 5 different CD's it came with that are supposed to make me an expert photograper. I'm sure I'll one day get around to watching them (hopefully it won't take as long as it took me to update my blog layout!). I did try to take some decent pics of Clay last weekend when it was nice outside. (Was it last weekend, or the weekend before last?? They are all running together for me.) Anyways... here's my attempt at "nice" pictures with the new toy!

At least it takes pictures REALLY fast so I can get action shots like this one... (he was jumping up and down in our fire pit - such a good mama)

Hopefully some photographer will take pity on me and give me some tips on how to use my camera... Until then, I'll just shoot on auto until I get around to watching the CD's.



2 comments:

Emily said...

I need to be inspired in a bad way. Love your new camera. I always just use the auto setting on my fancy camera and it works well enough. See you Saturday!

LuLu's Lane said...

I love the new layout! Yay for a new camera- I use mine on auto too! I think we need EM to give us lessons one day soon...