We take him to the local barber and he does so good! We have to divert his attention by bringing the portable DVD player and playing Toy Story, but... whatever works!The last few days, he's done a couple of cute things so I have to blog about them before I forget.
Yesterday he was sitting in my lap and put his hands on either side of my face and said "I love you, Mommy. I promise!". He's just starting telling us he loves us and it's so cute!! He got the "I promise" part from his cousins when they all stayed with their Nan last weekend.
Today when I picked him up from school, he was out on the playground and his teachers were laughing at something he had done. When I walked up, Miss Haley asked Clay to tell me what he found. He said he found "poconuts". I'm assuming he means "coconuts". He watches this pirate cartoon on Disney Jr. and the little boy on there always says "Aww, coconuts", so I think he probably got it from there.
The other day we were going over the alphabet and what words start with certain letters. I got to letter H and was trying to get him to say hat. I asked him what goes on his head... and instead of "hat" like he was supposed to say, he said "Ollypus" (octopus). I have a feeling this may cause some confusion for those who don't know why my child thinks an octopus goes on your head. Back before he turned a year old, there was this part of Sesame Street where Jake Gyllenhal did a segment on the letter "O" and during that segment he had a purple octopus sitting on his head. This FREAKED Clay out! He would scream until we fast forwarded through it. To this day, whenever he sees an octopus, he always says "On my head".
My silly, silly child!





1 comment:
Love his hair cut - such a big boy! He must watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates. That is a favorite here too. What a memory he has - guess it must have been pretty scary for him to still remember it. This is the best age for the funny things to come out of their mouths.
Post a Comment