Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm Ready for CAKE!!!!!!

So... I just finished up my first week of NST's (Non-Stress Tests) which have actually been pretty neat. I go in twice a week (Monday and Thursday) and they hook me up to a machine that measures contractions as well as Clayton's heart rate. During the time I'm hooked up to the machine, they measure his heart rate and see if it's going up like it should when he moves around. They like to see it go up about 20 beats or so from his resting heart rate when he moves. He has performed well both times so far and everything looks great (he's still big, though!). I have not been having any labor contractions, but they think I may be having some Braxton Hicks contractions... so nothing to worry about.

As far as the diabetes, my body refuses to cooperate! She upped my dosage again on Monday... now I'm taking more of the 2 kinds of insulin with dinner and she added another injection with my breakfast. Hopefully this will do it! I'm quickly becoming good friends with the people at the Target Pharmacy!

The first of my showers is tomorrow and I'm VERY excited! It's my work shower down in Birmingham thrown by my great friends I've worked with for the last 5 years! I will be sure to take lots of pictures! I am also going to eat some cake whether my diabetes likes it or not! I've not had a lick of "real" sugar in the last 5 weeks and have been saving up to splurge at my showers!! (I did ok this with the dr this morning, of course!)

I've got a couple more showers coming up in the next few weeks... hopefully Clayton will hold off and they won't turn into "Meet the Baby" showers :)!

As far as how HUGE I've gotten, I took a 33 week picture. I just really don't think my stomach can expand anymore!


4 comments:

Christy Ward said...

You look great!! I hope Clay makes it through all the showers ;)

Melissa said...

You look great! I agree, one can't refuse cake. Have fun at your shower and I'll see YOU at the next one!! :)

Mama A said...

Looking good Leslie! I remember those stress tests very well Kinley would sleep during them all and the Dr would have to come in and shake things up a bit to get her moving!!!

LuLu's Lane said...

Girl you look so stinkin cute prego! Cute dress! How was your work shower? I can't wait to see pics...