Monday, September 14, 2009

It's His Party...

And he'll cry if he wants to... and he did!

First year birthday parties are obviously for the parents! My poor, sweet baby was very overwhelmed by the spotlight being on him. I planned to put him down for a nap a couple hours before his party so he would be nice and rested and in a good mood. Nice and rested, YES! Good mood... NO! He did finally come around and enjoyed playing with his new toys. The big hit of the party was the big dump truck his Aunt Lee Anne, Uncle Ray and cousins Ellie and Grace gave him. A big thanks to our family and friends that came over to celebrate his birthday with us!

And now the pictures! Warning: There are absolutely NO smiles from the Birthday Boy!

The gorgeous and VERY yummy cake!

Clay's personal birthday cake

Opening up the big dump truck

Another one of his favorites... his vacuum cleaner!

He really liked the tissue paper

Already taking the dump truck for a spin
Eating his birthday cake! The hat lasted about 2.5 seconds!

So over his birthday cake! He was a MESS!
See, I told you... no smiles AT ALL! Oh well, at least his daddy and I enjoyed celebrating his birthday!

3 comments:

Christy Ward said...

Looks like fun!! For ya'll at least!

Kelcei Chamberlain said...

I LOVE the cake! Poor Baby Clay...he just wasn't in the partying mood.

Anonymous said...

Oh! The cakes were so cute!!! His little personality cracks me up... he is such a boy!