Tuesday, December 8, 2009

15 Months!

Today, my sweet baby is 15 months old. It's amazing how much he has changed since his 1st birthday. Crawling is a thing of the past and he walks... actually RUNS everywhere. He moves so fast that his little legs sometimes have trouble keeping up with him. Last time he was weighed (which was last week) he was 26 pounds and 10 ounces. This puts him in the 77th percentile for his age. He's gotten really tall and is quickly growing out of his 12 month pants.

He talks all the time... mostly in his own language, but it's so cute! He can repeat things we say to him and is constantly saying "Dada". He LOVES books and pretends to read them. He has a favorite book, Little Bear and Her Friends, and never gets tired of it. He will pull it off the shelf, hand it to me, and sit down in my lap so I can read it to him... many, many times!

He's become a little bit of a picky eater lately. I try to get him to try new things, but he's not very open to many of them. His favorites are still broccoli, avocado, and cheese. He also likes hot dogs (only the turkey variety), Nutri-grain bars, pizza, and Teddy Grahams. He LOVES fruit and would eat it for every meal if I let him. He also loves waffles and veggie sausage for breakfast.

He loves lights and whenever you turn one on in the house (especially one of the chandeliers) he gets excited and says what sounds similar to "light". He really likes the lights on the Christmas tree and enjoys pulling the ornaments off... although, he doesn't enjoy the time out he earns from pulling them off.

He's already developing his own sense of style and really likes to wear clothes that have fun things on them. He gets really excited when I pull out one of his Paul Frank monkey shirts for him to wear and throws a fit when I want him to wear a plain, ole' sweater with nothing fun on it. He still despises shoes and socks and takes every opportunity to kick them off.

He likes it when I sing and loves to clap along to "If You're Happy and You Know It". Whenever he hears fun music, we can tell him to dance and he'll bounce up and down and wave his arms around. He loves his Little People Farm and big dump truck and has recently learned how to stack up his blocks. He's also learning how to throw a ball and roll it back and forth. He hasn't formed a big attachment to any of his stuffed animals, but likes to hold onto his giraffe lovey when he goes to sleep. And speaking of sleep, the boy LOVES to sleep! He goes to bed around 7:30 or 8:00 and wakes up at 7:00 in the morning. Most days when he's home with us, he takes one big nap after lunch and will sleep for 3 or 4 hours!

And, of course, I have some pictures!!! These are from my 2 attempts at a Christmas Card photo shoot.



This one is my favorite!!! I just love his mischievous little expression!
Happy 15 months old Baby Clay!!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love that last pic too - and the sweater. You will be so glad to have such detailed info about what he is doing at each age. Especially if you have another one, it will be helpful to look back and see what was going on with Clay at that age. And you will even have it in a handy dandy book!

LuLu's Lane said...

Wow time sure is flying by- you are going to love having all his stats/baby info documented. I also agree that last pic does look like he is up to something- too cute. He is such a doll baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cutie! His little personality sounds so fun. I think it is so cool how our babies are learning and growing, but I sure do miss my little baby!!! I agree Lori and Emily... you will be so glad that you have documented all of this stuff for baby Clay!