We had to be at the Surgery Center at 7:00 AM... throw in 45 minutes to get there... Baby Clay had to be up at 5:45 which is an hour and 15 minutes earlier than he's used to getting up. He was NOT a happy camper. He also couldn't eat or drink ANYTHING, so he was a tad on the grumpy side. Here he is in the car on the way over there. I couldn't get a smile out him!
We got to the Surgery Center and did all the normal paperwork/insurance stuff and were called back for prep. We could go back with him to change him into his gown, but after we spoke to the surgeon and anesthesiologist, we had hand him over, kicking and screaming (literally) and head to the waiting room.I thought he looked really cute in his gown...
He was very excited that he got his own TV.
Playing with his cars to pass the time.
The surgery didn't take very long... he was maybe away from us a total of 20 minutes. The surgeon said everything went great. He did still have a really bad double ear infection so we've got to put antibiotic drops in his ears (oh, goodie). While in recovery, one of the anesthesiologists came to check on him and informed us that he was a bit of a challenge to put to sleep... Yeah, doesn't surprise me. I could just see it now... I'm sure it took at least 4 of them to hold him down.
I thought he'd be starving after surgery, but he refused to eat anything. He ended up falling asleep in the car while we went to get his prescription filled and ran a couple of other errands. Once he woke up, he was back to normal... and he was HUNGRY! We took him out to lunch and then headed home. He's been asleep for a few hours, but I hear him stirring.
I'm so relieved surgery went well and I'm hopeful that this will be the end to those horrible ear infections!!!



3 comments:
I am so glad everything went well! His ears should be so much better now!
Glad to hear it all went well!!
Yay! I know you are glad it's over with! I'm sure handing him over was tough though!
Post a Comment