Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One Month Shy of 2 Years Old!!


On the 8th of this month my baby turned 23 months… 1 month shy of being a 2 year old! That makes me one sad mama! I can’t believe in less than a month I will have a 2 year old!


This last month I feel like he’s grown up so much! I look at pictures and there is not one ounce of “baby” left… he’s a big boy now!


So Clay, what have you been up to this month?


I guess the biggest thing is your language skills. You are now putting words together into short sentences. You say things like “Mama open yogurt”, “Dada at work”, “I go school” and many other things. You’ve learned to say “please” and “thank you” and know how to use it to get whatever you want. At bedtime when you want another story you flash those big, brown eyes and say in your sweetest little voice “Peaze”… Yeah, I can’t turn that down! You must stop that or you will get anything you want!


You all of a sudden have become EXTREMELY obsessed with Elmo… that’s ALL I hear about now. Good thing since I’m really obsessed with your Elmo birthday party I’m planning. You don’t even want to watch “Money” (Curious George) at all! I even have a hard time getting you to watch Sesame Street without you wanting me to fast forward to Elmo.


You are learning your ABC’s and are doing really good at it. You can also count to 10 pretty well now, but you sometimes skip “7”. You are starting to actually recognize the numbers when you see them in a book or on TV.


You are still a PICKY eater. The only meat you will eat is bacon. You will still eat cheese, nutra-grain bars and most fruit. You also like yogurt and applesauce. But you NEVER turn down any kind of snack food… chips, crackers, cookies, ice cream… you love them all!


You still wear mostly 18 – 24 months in shorts and 24 months or 2T in shirts. Your current shoe size is a 7 wide, but you have already grown out of those! We’ve got to go this weekend to get you some new shoes! Your feet need to stop growing! You’ve got your 2 year appointment next month and I can’t wait to see how much you weigh and how tall you are!


Some of my favorite things you do:

Sing when you are taking a bath. I have no clue what you are singing, but it’s the cutest thing in the world!


Laugh like different Sesame Street characters. You can laugh like Ernie, Bert, the Count and Elmo.


Give me big, huge hugs when you wake up in the morning.


Throw me under the bus when Dada asks you who the “tickle monster” should get. You always say “MAMA”! You get so excited when the tickle monster (aka Dada) comes around!


Tell everyone “Night, night” when I’m rocking you before bed. “Night, night Elmo”, “Night, night Mama”, “Night, night Dada”…


I am so excited about your birthday party and can't wait to see your reaction to all the Elmo Madness! Only 31 days of party planning left!!!


1 comment:

Mama A said...

Hey... I have been away from the blog world this summer so I took some time this afternoon to catch up on your blog. I cannot believe how big Clay has gotten and it is so hard to believe 2 is right around the corner for him! I can't wait to see pictures of the Elmo party... he is going LOVE it!!!