Tuesday, April 12, 2011

31 Months Old - I Think!

I'm getting all confused with the month... all I know is that now you are closer to 3 than you are to 2... and I think I only have 5 months left to plan your Toy Story party. Now on to your monthly post... Oh, my sweet child… these last few months with you have been so much fun! I love this age and wish you could stay this age forever! You make me laugh, you make me melt, and you make me truly amazed at how much I could love a little 3 foot, 32 pound person!

You love to do things with us… whether it be going to the dreaded depths of hell that is the Super Wal-mart or to Home Depot. You actually make Wal-mart fun and I never thought that could be possible. You sing and help pick out things and make everyone around us laugh. You really like going to Home Depot and get really excited when we pull up. This past weekend you and I were going to sit in the truck and wait on daddy, but you insisted on getting out and walking through the store.

Since it’s been so nice outside, we’ve had a couple of picnics. You LOVE a picnic and think it’s the best thing! You get all excited when we are getting all the picnic items together and you can’t wait to get outside and eat! And speaking of eating, you’ve been doing SO MUCH better lately! You’ve rediscovered your love for grilled cheese sandwiches. When you were little you used to love them and then you went on a 1 year boycott until we ate them at church a few weeks ago. I didn’t think I was going to get you to eat it, but you took a couple of bites and said “I like these”… Yay! One more thing for me to be able to fix you! You still like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and I don’t even have to cut them into the shape of Mickey. Sometimes you like to pick the shape… triangles, squares, etc. You LOVE M&M’s and Jellybeans (“Beans”)! Those have been your treat of choice if you eat a good dinner. A couple of funny things you’ve done lately… The other day we picked you up from daycare and the teachers said that we may have a little Chippendale on our hands. They said you were up on the top of the big slide, with your shirt off, slinging it around your head. They said all that was missing was the music. Taking your shirt off has become this weird obsession… you do it constantly! I’ll get you up many mornings and you’ve already got your shirt off. At least it’s your shirt… I’d be slightly worried if you were taking your pants off and slinging them around your head on the playground!

The other night we were eating at Wings and after you finished chowing down on a healthy dinner of Fruit Loops, Nutri-grain bar, Toy Story Fruit Snacks and French Fries, you decided to show everyone you big belly… what was so funny was that you are able to push it out so that you look pregnant! It was HUGE! You thought it was the funniest thing and had us laughing so hard!

I also think we may have had a break-through on the whole getting ready to potty train thing. We’ve been trying to get you to tell us when you needed to poop and last night you did it! You were eating dinner and with much urgency, you told me you needed to poop. I asked you if you wanted to use the potty and you didn’t want to. At least you told me!! Yay!!! I’m trying to hold off just a little longer because you are in a young class and daycare and I’m not sure they would be able to encourage it just yet.
You love to talk and talk non-stop! And it’s actual conversations. Sometimes you get to talking so fast I don’t quite understand you, but you usually manage to get your point across. You love to have conversations between Buzz and Woody and it’s hilarious to listen to the things you come up with! Your new favorite toy is a talking Woody that Nana and G (my parents) got you for Easter. He goes everywhere with you! Your favorite thing that he says is “There’s a snake in my boot” and you laugh every time!

You have added a new movie to your line up… Ratatouille. It came on a couple of weeks ago and we recorded it for you. You ask for it every afternoon when you come up. Thankfully, it’s not an annoying movie, so I don’t mind sitting with you while you watch it. Surprisingly, we haven’t watched Toy Story in a while! We did pull out Monsters, Inc. recently at your request. You still love that movie!

Well, my little googily bear (Monsters Inc. reference), I love you to death and don’t want you to ever grow up! Stay this age forever for mommy, ok?

1 comment:

Emily said...

This IS such a fun stage. Yep - closer to 3 than 2. It seems like we were just at Elmopalooza too. Where does the time go?