Friday, April 22, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

All last week I had been prepping Clay for the Easter Bunny. I kept telling him that the Easter Bunny was going to be at the church Easter Egg Hunt and that when he saw him, he needed to go give him "5" and then say "cheese" so I could take his picture with the Easter Bunny. We rehearsed everything multiple times. Clay was READY!!

See... this was right when the Easter Bunny walked in. All smiles...
Still excited... maybe slightly frightened...
Oh, heck no! I am NOT going to sit here on this scary Easter Bunny and say cheese so mommy can get a good picture!
Needless to say, all of our rehearsing for the Easter Bunny didn't pan out. He was terrified of him and we've probably traumatized him for the rest of his life by even attempting to put him on the Easter Bunny's lap. Oh well... maybe by the time Christmas rolls around we'll have this "sitting on laps for pictures" thing down. (That last sentence didn't sound quite right when I went back and read it!)

On to the Bunny-free Easter Egg Hunt...

"Come on son... hurry up or all the good eggs are going to be gone!" (Who needs one of those backpack leashes when he's wearing a hoodie!)

And, yes... he picked out his Easter Basket all by himself. I really tried to push the adorable turquoise basket with the beautiful plaid fabric lining... but he wasn't having it.
He is one, serious Egg Hunter!
Ok... one picture with your good buddy, Les. Maybe you can look like you are having fun? Or not...
Let's try that again... MUCH better!
I was very proud of his Easter Egg Hunting skills! We'd been practicing so I'm glad the hard work paid off.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is a hilarious pic of Mark holding Clay by the hoodie. So glad he enjoyed his egg hunt! I think Wy was 3 going on 4 before he started to be Ok with the costumed characters at holidays. Clays pic with Santa at Bridge Street is a favorite of mine!