Monday, June 8, 2009

9 Months Old!!!

Today Baby Clay is 9 months old! 9 months just makes him sound like he’s almost a toddler (even though he’s the size of a toddler).

I wanted to do something slightly different with his monthly birthday post, so I’ve created a questionnaire (I’m stealing your idea, Melissa). And while Baby Clay is not actually answering his own questionnaire; I feel as his mother, I am a good representative for giving his answers. Here goes…

Favorite Food: Green Bean Casserole and Sweet Potato baby food, and as of last night, Cheese (we’ve started him on “big people” food over the weekend and he’s doing quite well since the ravioli incident)

Favorite Drink: Mommy’s Milk (which, by the way, is quickly dwindling… he had his first bottle of formula last night and it broke my heart. I think it’s harder on me than it is on him – he drank that formula up like it was the last meal he was ever going to get!)

Best Friend: Monte (Clay LOVES his furry little buddy! His little face lights up whenever Monte comes in to see him.)

Favorite Toy: Dumptruck that Daddy got him – he loves it when we put a block in the dump bed and dump it out. He laughs hysterically!

Favorite TV Show: Anything with Elmo on it or the Wonder Pets

Favorite Song: the Apple Bottom Jeans song by Flo Rida (Ok, so I made that up… but he does like to dance to this song.)

Favorite Activity: Chasing and being chased by Monte and he LOVES his bath time! He’d stay in the bathtub forever.

Weight: 22.7 pounds (He hasn’t gained anything since last month! I think all that crawling, jumping and pulling up has slimmed him down a little! And we’re still squishing his big butt into the baby bucket! It’s rated up to 22 pounds and we’re getting every last bit of use out of it!)

New things this month: Pulling up to standing (He pulls up on EVERYTHING! He can even balance on his own a little and cruises while holding onto anything. ); Waves and says Bye-Bye; Has 4 teeth and I think he’s cutting some more; Love playing Peek-a-Boo and tug-of-war with Monte and his hippo toy; Loves to swing and play in the sand at daycare; Loves to repeat sounds we make – he’s even said Elmo a couple of times!

I can’t wait to see what new and exciting things he does this month! Everyday it’s something new! And now I’ll leave you with some cute pictures we took the other day!

(Please excuse the grainy pictures. My camera was not cooperating the day I took these.)

No comments: