Anyways… I got it all prepared, cut it into bite-sized pieces, stripped Clay down to his diaper (I knew this was going to be messy), and was so excited to give him his first bite (camera ready, Mark in there to witness this new milestone)! AND… it didn’t go too well. In fact, as soon as he smelled it, he turned his little face away and started gagging. Seriously… so dramatic! Don’t know where he gets that from… Well, I thought he just doesn’t know what he’s missing, so I slipped a little in his mouth real quick… and it came right back out… everywhere. After a few more tries, I gave up! We went back to the yucky ole’ baby food in a jar – which, by the way, he ate up like he’d hadn’t eaten in days! My excitement was crushed… I was planning on making him pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches… and now, it’s back to mushy baby food in a jar. I’ll keep trying… maybe he just doesn’t care for ravioli yet!
I do have a few “before” pictures of him. I didn’t get any during or after pictures because it was such a traumatizing experience (mainly for me).
See! He's all excited and ready to eat his new food!

Baby Clay's obvious disgust for Ravioli (and this is just from the smell)
I’d also like to add, that I hurt in places that I didn’t know was possible from the 30 Day Shred. Is it ok for my lungs to be sore?? I have made it a whole 5 DAYS!!! And, on top of that, I’ve made it a whole 5 days without Dr. Pepper (although, I WILL be having one either today or tomorrow – or maybe both since I did allow myself 2 Dr. P’s a week). I still have only lost ½ a pound, but I’m contributing the slow weight loss to excess bloating (due to inhaling copious amounts of water) and the fact that I’m sure I’m building all kinds of muscle (and muscle weighs more than fat).
This weekend we are going to the big city to look at furniture, buy me some work shoes (because I do not think they’d find flip flops appropriate at our customer conference next week), and hopefully eat at Moe’s (with a stop at Starbuck’s, I’m sure). Ya’ll have a great weekend!!!



2 comments:
Keep on trying the real food with him. I have a picky eater now b/c I stuck with the baby food and didn't get him to try things when he was young and more open to the idea. Cute pictures! Good luck furniture shopping! Sounds fun!
Too cute pictures!! I started table foods with A when he was closer to 10 months. I think we did alot of very mashed banana's, applesauce, oatmeal, french fries.
Post a Comment