I usually wait for his doctor's appointment for the weight check, but he doesn't have another appointment until his 6 month well check. I was curious, so I got on my Wii Fit board (which acts as a very accurate scale) and held onto him... it's as I expected... 19.7 lbs! I knew he must be pushing 20 and he didn't disappoint! He needs to slow it down a bit because he's going to start outgrowing a lot of his baby stuff... like his car seat which is only rated for 22 lbs!
So much has changed in the last month! He's now discovered his feet. He LOVES to play with his feet while I'm trying to change his diaper or change his clothes. He's also getting really close to crawling! He pushed up on all 4's last night and was rocking back and forth! He already scoots backwards all over the place. I'll put him down on a blanket on our rug and he'll be on the other side in no time! He LOVES Elmo... what is it with Elmo??? While I'm getting him ready for daycare I plop him in his jumperoo in front of Sesame Street (I know - bad me! I shouldn't be letting him watch TV) and I always know when Elmo comes on because he gets so excited! He also loves Monte. Whenever Monte is in the room he watches his every move. He wants to pet him so bad... but has to be supervised to do this because he is going through a hair pulling phase. We've added Sweet Peas to his menu the other night and he seems to like them. In a couple of days we'll get to add another food... I'm thinking Carrots or Bananas. We're still nursing and he's become a pro at it! He's pretty much given up the paci, but will take it if he's very cranky - mainly to play with it. He still prefers his thumb, which I'm kind of happy about since I don't have to worry about putting the paci in his mouth every time he spits it out. He loves to squeal and I think he does it just to hear himself.
Whew! That's enough for now! I can't wait to see what new things he learns this next month!




4 comments:
Those beautiful brown eyes...
I can't believe he's 5 months old and doing all of that already. It seems like just yesterday you weren't even really showing yet!!!
I am so glad you guys have adjusted so well. That last picture of him sucking his thumb is so precious. Give him a a kissy from his LuLu.
Aww Leslie...it's going by too fast! It's so fun to see them learning something new everyday, but so sad at the same time. What are we going to do with they ask to borrow the car?! :o(
Such cute pictures...love the thumb pic!
I'm so happy for you, Les! You are such an amazing mom and that really shines through in every post that you write. I didn't expect anything less, but I just had to tell you. Happy 5 Months, Baby Clay! Love - Auntie Kelcei
Post a Comment