We have gone all winter so far without Baby Clay getting sick... and now it has happened! He's had a small cold on and off for about 3 weeks and every week I call the his doctor to make sure I'm doing everything I need to be. Every time they've told me to use saline drops in his nose and have him sleep with a humidfier. We've been following this to a tee and still can't seem to beat this cold. So yesterday I called the doctor and they finally had us come in... and my sweet baby has a double ear infection! I had no clue... he hasn't been fussy, hasn't been pulling or tugging on his ears, and has been eating perfectly fine! The doctor put him on some antibiotics and already his little cold seems to be clearing right up! Hopefully this will be his only bout with an ear infection! It hasn't slowed him down any! So far he has been exposed to RSV, a stomach virus, and the flu and has yet to get anything (knock on wood, of course)!
While we were at the doctor, they weighed him... and he weighed a whopping 20 lbs 13 oz! I can't believe he's almost 21 pounds! He's almost grown out of the baby bucket (thanks, Melissa for that term!) and will have to have a "big boy" car seat. He's also getting close to out-growing his swing... which will be a sad, sad day. Just as long as he doesn't out-grow the Jumperoo! He LOVES that thing... you would think he would be losing weight with all the jumping he's been doing! He's also sitting up really good so we're practicing sitting in the booster seat that we can take to restaurants. He loves it! It has all kinds of fun little toys on it so he'll sit there forever and play. Here's a cute little picture of him in his "big boy" booster seat:
He just looks so big and much older in this picture! I can't get over how fast he's growing!
And in other news... I thought I was pretty much done with picking out house stuff... until today! We got our bathroom accessories for the guest bathrooms yesterday and they did not turn out how I was expecting. So I will be sending those back. Then we got our back porch fans in and were supposed to get 4 (3 on the back porch and 1 in the screened in porch) and only got 3. Come to find out they damaged one while shipping it and now we can't get it because it's out of stock! So I have to pick out another one for the screened in porch. Then I got an email saying our master bathroom lights would not be shipped until April 16th... That's almost 2 months away!!! I need them this week! I called and they said they were on back-order (even though they said "in stock" on the website). So now I get to also pick out new master bathroom lights! Boo!!! I so thought I was done! Oh, well... at least it's less than a month until our VEGAS VACATION!!!
6 comments:
Poor little Clay! You know, my girls never show signs of ear infections either...makes you feel terrible when the doc tells you!!
He is such a big boy, Leslie, I can't believe it!! I hope he feels better really soon. :)
I hope Big Boy Clay feels better real soon! I can't beleive he is almosdt 21 lbs aleady. He is so darn cute. Good luck in picking out new fixtures for the house. Frustrating I am sure...
Hope Clay is better soon! He looks soooo big in this picture!
Poor guy! I am glad he is feeling better. Kinley was up off and on last night with a stuffy nose and a little cough. I am also doing the saline drops and trying to suck that nose as much as I can. Are you using a cool midst humidifier or a warm one? I need to put one in her room. Also, I love the booster seat. Where did you find that one? We have tried the high chairs in the restaurants but she doesn't like them and doesn't fit too well. He looks so grown up! Isn't it sad? Kinley is now up to 17lbs, but still seems like a little bit to me! I hope Clay gets better!
My girls were the same way. We never new they had ear infections until the Dr. found them. They have rarely been sick in their 11 years. It's such a blessing to have healthy kiddos.
He looks so much like Mark in that picture! Yes, he is growing up so fast. I can't believe he weighs almost 21. I don't think Wyatt hit that until he was at least 18 months! So glad he is feeling better.
Post a Comment