Well, we got the new (2nd) baby video monitor in the mail the other day and let's just say... well, it was basically a piece of crap! I was supposed to be "upgrading", but I guess in their minds "upgrading" means instead of worrying about seeing other people's kids on your monitor, you now will not see ANYTHING in the video monitor (if you don't have any clue what I'm talking about, you can go here to read the frightful post). It looks all fancy and like it should be good... but it's definitely not worth the $230 price tag (I did not pay that - thankfully - although I did pay $50 and I'm supposed to mail them my original video monitor). I was all excited about it yesterday! I set it up and turned it on... and then re-set it up and turned it on... then went and read the directions (Ha! I never read directions the first time) and after reading the directions, realized that I was setting it up correctly, but it still didn't work right! I could barely see the outline of Clay in his bed and the sound was horrible! It basically had 2 volume settings - none at all or REALLY LOUD! But, at least I couldn't see anyone else's child and I was hoping no one could see mine.
Anyways, I did call the company back to tell them how crappy that "upgraded" monitor was versus the original monitor and they have assured me that I must have gotten a defective product and that monitor is typically an excellent product. They are now going to send me a 3rd monitor and I HOPE that the third time's a charm!
Seeing as how I've found a few minutes in the midst of this mass pandemonium I like to call work to actually do a post, I thought I might also post Baby Clay's first artwork. OK... Baby Clay really did not do this all on his own as I'm sure you can tell by the artistic mastery of this work, but he did hold his hand down on the heart for me to trace (thanks, Lori for the idea... although some little kid one-upped us and did a hand print using paint). The daycare sent these hearts home for us to decorate for the teachers for Valentine's Day. Oh, and by the way... Mrs. Over-Acheiving Mom who totally cheated and scanned the heart onto her computer and then made some perfect collage including her child's picture and printed it out on their color printer - That's just not fair! Thank goodness my child isn't old enough to have a complex about his "un-artistic" mommy making his valentine's heart for his teachers! I only can hope he takes after his daddy in the art department!Anyways... here's the damage in all it's glory. Notice the font I used on "Happy Valentine's Day"... all my years of being a cheerleader and making signs for the basketball player's lockers finally paid off!
Whew! Can we tell it's been a LONG day??!!??
Anyways... Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!!!



3 comments:
That's too funny, cuz after I saw the picture (before I read the blog) I thought about our days making signs for lockers. I haven't thought of that in years!
I don't know if it's google reader mobile or just my blackberry, but I never can post comments if I'm "mobile". Anyway, I couldn't comment last night, but I think that Clay's valentine is totally delightful and his Mommy needs to quite knocking herself because she is AWESOME and creative. That other mom sounds a little over the top to me.
And I must say that it cracked me up a little that his teachers and named Martha and Velma. Is that for real?
I meant to comment on your last monitor post and never did.... That would have totally freaked me out if I would have seen another baby on the monitor. Reminds me of a modern day "Have you checked the children???"
I hope that the company is able to redeem themselves and you get a good monitor. We ended up just getting the Graco Digital iMonitor. We can't see her, but so far we have really been pleased with it.
Post a Comment