Thursday, February 5, 2009

And... I'm Back!

Wow! It's been a B-U-S-Y, busy week! One of my jobs where I work is to get some govenment reports ready for all of our community health center clients that they have to turn in around mid-February every year. This year, the government decided to throw us a curve ball and add all sorts of new (difficult to report on) things. So, I have been working on these for the last couple of months. I thought I had everything taken care of to release this past Monday... but like always, something came up and I had to work around the clock (and I do mean AROUND THE CLOCK) to get them done. I deployed them yesterday and I am a much happier person now! I think I got in my 40 hours by yesteday evening!

Anyways... this past weekend we headed over to ATL for a wedding shower we hosted for our 2 great friends, Jason and Leigh. They are getting married in May and I'm soooo excited about the wedding! It's going to be a blast! (Random side note: I am VERY creatively challenged so I have enlisted Leigh's design skills and she is helping us with our new house... so if people like what we've done, I totally cannot take the credit for it! Thanks, Leigh!) And, of course, I've got some pictures from the shower (although, I can't take credit for these either - I stole them from my friend Christy who also helped us host the shower).
The Hostesses w/the Bride-to-Be
Jenny, Leigh, Christy, Me

And this was before the wine :)

My ultra-sexy husband :)
The guys - Mark, Ryan, Jason, and Rob

Group Picture
Jenny, Mark, Me, Kristin, and Melissa


Clay got to stay with Nana and G (my parents) overnight for the first time and he did great! I'm getting so good at not getting upset when I leave him overnight! I definitely need the practice because we are going to Vegas in mid-March and I'll be away from him for 4 nights!!! Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of activities/beverages that will keep my mind off of missing him... Wait! I take that back, I will totally not stop missing that sweet baby!!


Speaking of that sweet baby... he must have some amazing antibodies floating around inside of him!! Last week in daycare, kids (and teachers) were dropping like flies! He was the ONLY baby in his class (with the exception of one baby that only comes a couple times a week) that managed to not get the nasty stomach virus! He was even in class the day the one baby puked all over the floor... and he STILL managed to not get it! I am totally convinced it's the breastfeeding :). He does have a little sniffly nose, but it's not too bad. He's still as happy as always and is still sleeping really good.


And yes, I have pictures of my chubby little monster! I was going to save them for Photo Friday... but it's close enough :)!

Look at those big brown eyes!!!

Daddy washing what little bit of hair he has

I LOVE this one except that it is blurry... boo!

And I LOVE baby feet!

No comments: