Thursday, August 13, 2009

The "AFTER" Shots

I was bored last night after Baby Clay went to bed and decided to go through some of my old posts and realized I never did an “after” post on our house. Bad Blogger! Anyways, I didn’t have anything better to do since Mark was out of town (and just in case anyone gets the idea to break in and kidnap Baby Clay and I - he’s coming back today. Oh, and I’ve got a .38 along with my pepper spray as well as my 4.5 pound attack dog that will eat you on command. I suggest not breaking into my house! I’m not paranoid or anything. Ha!) I decided to work on my house “after” post. There are some rooms I’ve elected to not show either because we have no furniture in them or I was embarrassed by the clutter or baby junk everywhere (which basically means you are getting the outside and bathrooms).

I also haven’t mentioned lately how I’m doing with the whole medium-sized city to very small city transition. Mark and I were talking about this the other day… and dare I say that I’m kind of liking the new “country” digs. It’s so peaceful out here living on the lake. Everything seems to go at a much slower pace, which is nice. I think living in this small city has affected my brain a bit… I found myself actually tolerating… ok, liking… a country song. Granted it’s Darius Rucker’s new song and I don’t think you can totally classify Hootie as country… maybe it’s the nostalgia of taking me back to Freshman year at Auburn when Hootie and the Blowfish were big! My suitemate blasted Hootie – ALL. THE. TIME! (Sorry for the random flashback!) Anyways, I’m thinking I can handle our time here in the small city… maybe even enjoy it! I’m learning to live without Starbuck’s, Moe’s and Super Target. I have replaced it with Sonic Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper (you MUST try this), the cheap Mexican restaurant down the street (makes the BEST Margaritas – well, maybe not the best, but the strongest) and Super Walmart (although, I still HATE Super Walmart with a passion –nothing will ever replace my Super Target).

Now that I’ve rambled on long enough… here are the AFTER pictures of our finished house! (Most of you who read my blog have seen the house… so it’s nothing new to you!)

Notice the beautiful landscape my hubby did. I think he did an excellent job.
Here is our back patio. This is the scene of the crime for our couple of shrimp boils we've hosted this summer. Part of the Kitchen and Breakfast Room (the part of the kitchen that looks clean). And our poor shaggy attack dog who is in desperate need of a grooming.
Part of Clay's room
Another angle of Clay's room with the adorable pictures my sister painted
One end of the living room - the other end is the "baby zone" and is not very pretty right now.

One of the guest bathrooms. Just a plain old bathroom... but I LOVE my shower curtain! It was the last one at Target and this couple was looking at it. I was stalking them until they decided they didn't want it and I snatched it up before they could change their minds :).
Our Master Bathroom - this room gave me FITS when we were building the house, but it turned out nicely!
And lastly, one of my favorite parts, our screened in porch.
I don't know that we'll ever build another house ourselves again! It was a pain and a lot of hard work and headaches, but I think it paid off!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Leslie? I don't think the pictures do it justice!! The yard is beautiful (and big!)...the master bath is *oooo ahhhh*...the stone fireplace is fantastic...the kitchen is perfect and has so much light...and Clay's room is adorable!!! I just love your house, but secretly wish is was around the corner. :o)

Christy Ward said...

House is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

i love your house! LOVE IT! it is perfect and i know you are so happy! i wish i could comment about every picture, but my mommy brain has already forgotten all of them.... it is gorgeous though.... ALL of it. oh, yes, i LOVE the screened in porch! and about the vanilla diet dr pepper? i am going to have to try that very soon!