Baby Clay did not wake up in the best of moods... in fact, I decided at one point that I was going to keep him home because he acted like he didn't feel good. He wouldn't eat and was ill, ill, ILL! I got him out of his highchair and let him play and he acted like he was fine so off to daycare we went!
When we got to his new class, something just didn't feel right. Even though most of the kids were from the infant class, he still seemed such a baby in this "big boy" class. The next youngest child was 15 months... and he's not even 11 months yet! I scanned the room to see if it was "Baby Clay proof" and I was just hoping that the teachers kept a good eye on him. He's still at that stage where everything goes in the mouth... EVERYTHING! I was worried that not everything in there was age-appropriate for Clay... and it wasn't their fault... he just wasn't ready.
I decided that maybe I was being an over-protective mom and was going to give it a chance. Before I left, I talked to his teacher and let her know that I was perfectly fine with him going back to the infant class if she felt he wasn't ready. When I came to pick him up and asked how his day went, they let me know that maybe the Toddler class wasn't for him... just yet. I TOTALLY agree! So, tomorrow he's back in the infant class... where he can still be a baby... still sit in a high chair to eat... AND, most importantly, sleep in a crib whenever he wants! And I'm happy... happy that my baby gets to be a baby just a little longer :).
When he got home, his daddy put together his first birthday present... a small swingset from his Nan (Mark's mom). It's so cute! It has a slide and a little swing. He LOVES to swing! Here are some pictures of him trying it out!
He was feeling AWFUL, so we didn't get very many big smiles. I think he's cutting some more teeth (at least I hope that's what is going on).






4 comments:
Leslie - I am so relieved for you. There is a HUGE difference developmentally between a 10 month old and a 15 month old. Everyone will be happier this way - most importantly, baby Clay. Wy was with Ms. Velma and Ms. Martha in the "infant" class until he was 15 months. No reason to speed it up - so glad it worked out for you.
Awh, I know you feel so much better about this!!! I cannot imagine having a 10 month old sleeping on a mat and only having one nap! They grow up fast enough with out being promoted so quickly!
Glad they are keeping him in the infant class longer. He is only 10months!!
Glad it all worked out just they way you wanted it too! Momma's know best!
Post a Comment