I was going through some old pictures trying to find some fun ones of us to scan in (gotta love a scanner!) and realized a couple of things… What kind of friends did I have back then that told me the stuff I was wearing looked good… and Why do I always seem to have some sort of beverage in my hand in every picture from college (as you will see below)? Anyways… it got me reminiscing about the “old days” when Mark and I first met. We lived in the same apartment complex in Auburn and he had just gotten a black BMW. Every day (Ok, every day is exaggerating a little bit… maybe every other day) he’d be out there washing it and I thought he must be a rich-kid snob. Come to find out... it was not true and I knew almost from the moment we started hanging out that I'd marry this guy! We started hanging out the summer of 97 and then starting dating not too long after that… then August 8th, 1998 (yeah… do the math… we only dated for a couple of months and were engaged for less than a year), I married my best friend!! I love him dearly and can’t wait to see what our future holds!
And here are some fun pictures I found! I tried to go in chronological order starting with college...
Trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. Mark had been given a weekend in a condo for "voicing his opinion" over less than stellar hotel service in Daytona (note: I was not present on the Daytona trip... thank goodness!).

Tailgating at an AU football game... I think this might be in South Carolina...

Another AU football game (I am so glad those light colored jeans are not in style anymore!)
And now for the wedding photos...


And here are a few pictures of us on our honeymoon to Freeport, Bahamas (which I do not recommend... although, it may have been our crappy resort).

You've made me so happy over the last 11 + years and I can't wait to see what the next 11 + years hold for us.
I mean, who couldn't love a guy in a pink feather boa and a Lizzie McGuire mask...





6 comments:
Happy Anniv.! Can't believe y'all have been married for "so" long ;) I remember the first time I was going to meet y'all and Rob told me that ya'll were married. I thought, "Oh my gosh, are we gonna be hanging out with OLD people?!" Ha!!
Congrats girl! We also are celebrating 11 years this month. Yes we were all kids when we got married. Thanks for sharing all the old pictures. Mark in the pink boa is priceless!
I LOVE all the pictures! You look too cute in all of them! You did look very young in your wedding pics. How weird that we got married in the same church just 2 years later? Did you notice that you and Mark were basically doing the same pose in each of the first few pics?
Happy anniversary Leslie! I loved looking at your pictures!!!!!
Happy Anniversary!! Where has 11 years gone? I can't believe I have known you for 11 years. I remember meeting you shortly after you and Mark were married back when we lived in the same apartment complex! You would much such great amaratto sours in those pretty glasses! You are Mark are such a great couple and I wish you the best! Loved looking at the pictures!
I LOVE this post! I'm laughing hysterically at the pictures. I can SO relate, though. :) Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment