An update on my cousin... actually, here's the story... It's my cousin, Jay, who lives in Arkansas. He's a football coach at a college here in Alabama so he splits his time between there and home in Arkansas. He was home on a visit and came down with what they thought was the stomach flu. He ended up in the emergency room and that is when they found the masses in his stomach (around his liver and that area). He was in a lot of pain and they have determined that his gall bladder is causing this so they will have to remove it, but are planning on doing this later. The reason why they are planning on doing this later is because they want to go ahead and get started on chemo immediately. He has a relatively fast growing non-Hodgkins b-cell lymphoma which they claim is 50 - 75% curable. He will have to go through 6 months of hard-core chemo which will make him VERY sick in-between treatments. Last night he was admitted to the oncology ward and a central line was started so that he can begin chemo treatments immediately. Please, please pray that he will beat this and that he and his family will remain strong during this very trying time! I really appreciate all the praying you guys have already done!
Now, to change the subject, Clay has had case of bronchialitis which did not make for a very happy child. He was put on some steroids and antibiotics and is doing much better. His ears started draining, which we were told could happen with tubes, since there is now a hole for "stuff"to come out, so we are putting drops in his ears to prevent an infection. He's a trooper, though. You'd never really know he was sick except for the hacking cough and runny nose.
We've got pictures coming up in March... I think. We all know what has happened to the last 3 sessions we've scheduled with our photographer... sickness... tornadoes... thunderstorms! Hopefully we will have a pleasant day with everyone being nice and well. Although, this crazy weather this winter is making me a little nervous! We may have 2 feet of snow on the ground that day! And since we've got pictures coming up, I've got to find something for all of us to wear! I found Clay an adorable outfit at the Children's Place (I usually never go there!), but I'm on a mission to find the perfect shade of green on a button down shirt. I think he looks so good in green. See...

I don't want anything too bright... or electric (like the one at Children's Place). The closest one I could find was HERE at Janie and Jack's. I was actually wanting it a bit "greener" than that, but I may have to go with it. I'm also bummed that the shirt I wanted HERE is out of stock! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this shirt and I think it would look good with the green shirt I'm on a mission to find for Clay. I've emailed Francesca's to see if they are going to get it back in stock.
Wow! This has turned into a much longer post that I had thought it was going to be!
Onto my next topic... my obsession... my grocery shopping!!! This past weekend I went to Publix and spent $60 on groceries that would have cost me $135!! I finally saved more than I spent!! And look at what all I got! (Yeah, I'm a geek... I took pictures of my groceries)


There were a few other items not shown like fruit and veggies... but I was very proud of myself for sticking to my budget and saving that much! I have the basics for at least 9 different meals! I now will just have to buy the perishable items like milk, salad, etc. And that's enough for today! Have a great week!



2 comments:
I love the pics of your groceries b/c that is EXACTLY what I bought at Publix last week!! Are you using southernsavers.com? I just found this site and love it so far!
Hope Clay gets to feeling better soon!
HOW did you do that?!! i'm new to the coupon clipping world and i can only manange to save 15-30 bucks and that's ona $150 grocery bill!!!
Post a Comment